- Can I replace a two-prong outlet with a new grounded three-prong outlet?
Grounded type (three prong) outlets may not be substituted for ungrounded (two prong) outlets unless a ground wire is connected. An exception to this rule is allowed when the outlet is protected by a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI).
- Are Federal Pacific Panles Fire Hazards?
Yes they can be. Breakers are meant to trip when there is a problem with the outlet or switch that you are using. Sometimes if you have an item plugged in or a short in a switch the Federal Pacific breakers trip mechanism malfunctions causing the breakers to stay on. This can cause the breaker, the switch, the outlet, or the equipement to overheat and a fire can result. Federal Pacific panels have a higher risk of this occuring.
For more info click here: Federal Pacific Website
- Is it really important to have a whole house surge protector installed on my home?
Storm Season is here! Is your home and equipement protected from lightning surges? Probably not! Most people wait until they need something before they getr it- however, in the case of surge protection, if you wait until you need them, it's too late!
Did you know:
- Many homeowners policies do not cover lightining strikes.
- Many insurance companies give a discount for homes that have surge proection installed. The average home gets 20 energy spikes per day
- You can get 30% more life out of your appliances and electronic equipement if you have and use surge protectors.
- A lightning strike up to one mile from your home can do damage to your sensitive equipement.
- You can have PEACE OF MIND and not have to pay alot for it!
At Dunman Electric, Austins Best Electrician, we are offering a huge discount in the months of May and June for a whole house surge protector.
For just $175 you can protect your entire home- pool motors, TV's, phones, computers, appliances and more! Normally $349. Thats a 50% savings! Call today to set up an appointment. Dont wait until its too late!
Dunman Electric is a member of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ Rating. Dunman Electric is a member of Angies List with an A rating as well.